Wednesday 25 December 2013

The 3 Week Consulting gig embeds the Corporate Iron Chef contest, great friends + client accolades

..... I was blessed anyways with great parents, family, adding on ....Amazing eye for detail / crafty / talented wife Mrs Latha Chakraborthy aka Latsy who made my life complete by bringing naughty Rock Hairdo Neev and elevated me to an all new level up on the face of the earth

.... In addition after I quit Infosys in 2010 I followed my boss over to Cognizant further blessed w/ a long term project for almost 4 years getting so attached to Washington DC and Gaithersburg Maryland .... Extremely seldom in the consulting world where my close pal Mitesh hopped 3 successful gigs and 3 locations ever since he landed in the US

I was on bench for 8 weeks once my project ended ....tried like crazy to hold myself down in DC but the ask here is GC or the Citizenship .....bad place for H1B puppies :).....tried to fit in a start up but the time in hand and the situation for survival deemed tyranny....

The Fkn Government shutdown screwed me further as my LCA with Bloomberg was in the hands of Obama and the FedZ ...bench situation pushing me to a real time consulting gig that I love but tried to avoid....hopping MD-WhitePlains NY- St Louis-MD for 3 weeks terminal to terminal

My Boss Kaustubh knew what I was signing up for and all the hush that will come my way when I wipe the slate clean with a near death like experience when I abruptly exit the project....but staying closer and with the family was period ....

Enjoyed the gig, made great friends Kirk , Sandeep Jain & Marcelo ...Won the Corporate Iron Chef Contest with Marcelo on my team making the Steak and Me doing the Pasta and the Desi Style Chicken cutlets ....all this in record 30-45 min serving 20+ people


Graphic above is a fond memory

Though my client boss Meghna was upset with my exit...she left me with these lines that made me proud of being able to Vest trust and roadmap and deliver a hybrid future state solution encompassing the best from the SAP and the Ariba world

Clients parting email


But I am here now and that's what's important ...mixed feelings of working in Downtown Manhattan NYC....always loved working countryside but I guess NY bolsters and fast paces you




...more on NYC life and Bloomberg jumpstart in my next post

Happy New Year 2014 folks...be safe...be healthy

1 comment:

Rajiv Renganathan said...

Good luck buddy. Hope to read more of your stuff. Btw, I blogged today after a while :)

Neevs Chocolate Straw Berry , not Chocolate Strawberry :-)

 Neevs fun Chocolate Straw Berry ...its not a Chocolate Strawberry :-)