Wednesday 25 December 2013

2014 : For Health it is

The physical and the blood tests did not reveal the great set of results that I always expected them to... 
Reason being : "everyone in India is a doctor and all time is tea time " most of us think that if we don't huff and puff when we do chore cardio , the heart is in good shape and all the other suspects are doing a great job keeping you firm on the feet.

Then came the most sarcastic but dark humor statement from the primary care physician "son: looks like you are running into your grave, with those sneakers on" you better watch it...else can get you really fast, I mean 30 is the new 40 in our times" 
I also asked the Doc, why do I feel tired ...though the amount that I walk and chore all day long has to spit the happy hormone anyways...
He says " think of yourself carrying a backpack of 30 pounds doing your routines, think of getting that back pack off yourself and do it again, you'd feel on cloud 9. I hope I answered your melodramatic doubts...now kill the jokes and come back for the next bio physical shedding at least 5 pounds "

We'll ....the wife is looking even more aggressive after the doctors visit.... I can already see the sprouts and veggies in her eyes :) what we far people call the #JLo diet :)....if you give a cow that diet, it would promise an extra 2 liters of milk/day :)


This info graphic (courtesy some great cartoonist who cares the obese on the www) popped my mind for sure even when the Dressed Angel was meaning serious business...also my friend Kay aka Kaustubh mujumdar once told me that if you are in the US there is only a 6-7% chance that you might not make it as long as you are able to dial 911  :-)

To add to that it's pretty obvious messaging from the almighty to mankind that everything that god has created and made tasty is blessed proportionately with Calories....phew...for a foodie like me that loves to cook and eat ...it's a tough CATCH 22

WELL .....in short
-Health is the only priority for 2014
- no bacon for me
- no Mc Donald's 
- no BeerZ


....however suggestions are always welcome
Can already feel the first 2 packs showing up 4 more to go:-)

Happy HolidayZ and hereZ wishing all a Healthy 2014

8 comments:

Ashwini V K said...

I thought happy people live long irrespective of what they eat. What do you say?

Ashwini V K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"People who drink alcohol live longer....now the experts (like you) have also said that on facebook ....So point is "don't sacrifice what you want most ... " take baby steps towards to treadmill.

...As you promised, only 6 bottles of DogFish left in my refrigerator...Come soon :-)

TC said...

Tiru, I just said no more beer, there is more spirits than we can imagine that God has given, dont worry, Friday am there like a sniffing dog for the dogfish :)...cheers mate

TC said...

Ashwini, try that out for few years and let me know how u look and feel like, the happiness will fade away...BTW, if you can portion control, then your statement holds good, happy holidays

vipin's said...

Aur Kripa prapt karne ke liye ek aur jagah mili...

in all sense, true said Dada. Me too on same bus. everyday think of going to that Extra mile on treadmill and end up practicing typing on lapy or iPhone. But in my case, Wifey is totally opposite! I have to ask her to Stop. She loves to feed and I love not to give heed, to that but same like every other husband I Fail!!Fail!!Fail!!

I really feel jealous of guys, drink beerz and never stretch to single inch (I know who is on your mind :D )
!!! Surprises me !! and here, few pint starts showing up next day...

Let me confess (with proud), I am too a food lover, restricted to Vegetarian (may be this causes me to over eat sometime) But I would say don't stop eating 'cos this is going to kill the passion of cooking..

-Have 5 Samosas or a Chicken Tikka while reading this

Cheers,

TC said...

@Vipin, nicely said, yes u bugger, I am having scotch and reading this dont worry man, i think once you start feeling sick about the fact of being overweight, automatically u will get to the act, the whole idea is not to do anshan and have six packs like Anna, but to do something thats legit and sustainable, lets share and be comrades in the program, mere sharan mein aaye ho to Already Kripa ani shuru ho jayegi, love, Dada

Rajiv Renganathan said...

:-) You have a companion, back in your bengaluru

Neevs Chocolate Straw Berry , not Chocolate Strawberry :-)

 Neevs fun Chocolate Straw Berry ...its not a Chocolate Strawberry :-)